A forum for gays & lesbians who love to cruise

drdoolittle4
Topic Author

Great ship

Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:47 pm

We sailed on February 2017 to Cozumel , Grand Cayman and Jamaica.The trip was wonderful and the ship was great. We had studio cabins that joined each
other by one door just 2feet from the private studio lounge. There are 128 single cabins for solo travelers. At 5:00 daily our own private bartender opened up the bar for us for cocktail hour (5:00 p.m - 7:00 Pm). The food was good and the entertainment was great. We saw Circ de dreams,burn the floor, Priscilla queen of the desert and a piano dueling performance.Our best excursions were Dunns river falls and Mystic mountain. On Mystic mountain you take a long ski lift up to the
top of the rain forest and a bob sled ( kin of like a roller coaster down) with it's own brakes.
     The only small complaint I have  is the coffee on Norwegian Cruise line is not good.   

Canadian

Re: Great ship

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:34 am

What was the name of the ship?   Oops, I see it was Norwegian Epic.  Did the studio seem smaller than a regular cabin?  I have been interested in a studio cabin when sailing solo, since I saw it mentioned in Royal Caribbean.  But when I called for info, or even asked the "next cruise" people onboard my last RCL cruise last month, they could not tell me which ships had studio availability for which sailings!  I got the impression the RCL had very few of these studio cabins so far.  They kept telling me to pick my cruise first and then they would see if any studio cabins were available.  Didn't make sense to me, since as a retired person, I could travel based upon the cabin availability and not necessarily the itinerary or the date.  

Tysona

Re: Great ship

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:13 am

Most of the newer NCL ships have the studio cabins. Great ifea for solo travellers. My friend stayed in one and it was small but great for a solo traveller.