We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.
OKREAD OUR COOKIE POLICY
Edge from 12/16/18 to 12/23/18 - MeetMeOnBoard LGBT Forum

A forum for gays & lesbians who love to cruise

Jimayoung
Jimayoung
Topic Author

Edge from 12/16/18 to 12/23/18

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:33 am

Beautifully decorated ship. Lots of space on the open decks near the pool, but not necessarily next to the pool. I like that there isn’t one big dinning room, but 4 smaller restaurants with a regional focus; Cyprus & Cosmopolitan on deck 4, Tuscan & Normandie on deck 3.
Specialty restaurant Fine Cut was excellent, Le Petit Chef was fun, Raw on 5 and Rooftop Garden Grill have limited seating but good. We didn’t get into Eden, but was told it was a fun experience. 
Lots of common areas to gather and enjoy a small gathering. The Martini Bar is bigger and a space all its own, they just didn’t go with the frozen bar this time.
Cabins have efficient storage. The infinite verandas are not as open as traditional balconies, but the cabin seem longer in Aqua Class.
The Spa area for service and treatments seem bigger. THe SEA (formerly Persian Garden area) is interesting, not sure how many people can use it at once. The changing room areas is small and inefficient. The locker area is tight, and the shower area even smaller. No sauna or steam room in the changing area, but in the SEA area.
The staff is great and very helpful. We traveled with guests with dietary restrictions and they we accommodated by seeing the menus a day in advance and the chef adjusted recipes to elimate salt and meat.
I liked the new TV interface, but you can’t book excursion from the TV. No music channels. I wish you could hear the 10 AM captain’s and other shipwide announcements when tuned to the Navigation channel.