NCL Epic - Fun for all! - MeetMeOnBoard LGBT Forum

A forum for gays & lesbians who love to cruise

kbateman
kbateman
Topic Author

NCL Epic - Fun for all!

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 am

I just sailed on Epic Dec10-17 on the 7 Day Eastern Caribbean itin from Port Canaveral. It was a fantastic itinerary as we began with 2 at sea days, with Tortola, St Thomas, as the 1st two ports. Next was another at sea-day, with a stop at Great Stirrup Cay as the final port the next day, prior to arriving back to Port Canaveral the next morning. 

I found the ship to be larger than most are familiar with, which is fine by me. Lots to explore and never a dull moment.

The Friends of Dorothy gatherings were held every night at 7P at Shakers Martini bar. I met lots of other great LGBT folks and we ended up having a fun little group of about 10 of us who all hung out together, went to dinners and shows together, etc.

Highlights of the ship:

• H20 Zone/Waterpark.  The 3 waterslides on the ship are just as fun for us adults as they were for the few kids on this sailing. I didn't wander to much on the port days, so lines were nonexistent for the waterslides.
  • Mandara Spa. As I usually do, I booked the weekly pass ($219) and loved the offerings of the Thermal Suite spa. In addition to the 2 shared saunas and steam room, the locker rooms all had their own saunas and steam rooms. The large thermal suite pool has many jets and was very relaxing. The stone heated loungers were also equally relaxing. The spa is located AFT and I really enjoyed the open air chairs and canopies on the open air deck. As the ship mainly docked AFT facing the ports, it made for an enjoyable place to enjoy port sailaway.
  • Numerous specialty restaurants to choose from
  • Wonderful studio stateroom condition and attendant
  • Good selection of pay and non-pay movies on the TV
  • Consistent quality of NCL food, both at buffets and specialty restaurants
  • Wonderful staff
  • Plenty of sun loungers on the upper deck

Cons of the ship:

• Debarkation was kind of lengthy. Seemed to be many people leaving ship at the same time.
  • Running track does not fully go around the ship. i found this disappointing as all of the running/jogging tracks i have been on have circled the entire ship.

All in all I highly recommend the Epic. It is a really fun ship and has lots to offer. 

Enjoy!

Tysona
Tysona

Re: NCL Epic - Fun for all!

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 am

Glad you had a great time. It will be our first time on the Epic and we are a little nevous . We loved the Getaway so it should be great. Thanks forva great review .