What are the chances? - MeetMeOnBoard LGBT Forum

A forum for gays & lesbians who love to cruise

Henrik29
Henrik29
Topic Author

What are the chances?

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:43 pm

So, it's gonna be the first time ever that i'm going on a cruise trip and that too I'm traveling alone. I would really love to have a nice company, although this trip is planned, just to be on my own. So, what are the chances that I would meet some nice guys on board. 

dandpa
dandpa

Re: What are the chances?

Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:03 pm

It depends on what kinds of things you like to do and how outgoing you are. We have met people waiting in line to board the ship and have struck up a friendship, and ended up getting together to do things in port together. We have met people in the bars or lounges in the evening and enjoyed a drink together.  We always do traditional seating for dinner, and we've often spent time after dinner with our tablemates.
Some cruise lines will have an arranged LGBT meeting time in the evening in one of the bars, sometimes called "Friends of Dorothy" or FOD (that is on Royal Caribbean). It may be listed on the schedule or posted at the customer service desk, or you could ask.
And depending on what ship you are on, some have saunas/steam rooms in the locker rooms, and it is possible to meet friendly people there as well.