The Hawaiian Islands - MeetMeOnBoard LGBT Forum

A forum for gays & lesbians who love to cruise

Kekohia
Kekohia
Topic Author

The Hawaiian Islands

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:20 pm

After 22 years in my home State of Hawaii, I am more than happy to help anyone with specific questions, when they travel to a true part of paradise, within our proud U.S.

I was also the owner and operator of the gay (preferred) B&B, Hale Kipa 'O Pele, in the town of Kailua-Kona. We became so popular that many clientele (non-gays) were drawn to us from reviews in magazines (Frommer's Travel) and books (such as Hidden Hawaii).

Aloha Nui Loa! :D

KenandJim
KenandJim

Hilo for the day

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:53 am

Visiting Hilo for the day and have reserved a rental car.
BF wants to see Volcano stuff and I am interested in the botanical gardens - is there a special beach or hangout where we might take a break or run into cool locals?

Kekohia
Kekohia
Topic Author

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 pm

The dock in Hilo is more industrial, but makes for a decent launch point to go to Volcanoes Natl Park.

Drive the way to the park, and enroute you will come across a large orchid farm for visitors.

The south point of the Big Isle has those spectacular black-sand beaches.

There is also a botanical gardens in Hilo and a gorgeous drive on the coast to get there.

Contact me directly if you have more questions......
sjesfh@.com

Aloha Nui Loa,
Kekohia

KenandJim
KenandJim

Thanks Kekohia

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:03 pm

We will take a look at whether we have time to visit the Volcano Ntl Park and the botanical garden near Hilo, thanks so much for your suggestion. Is there a favourite spot for lunch somewhere halfway or in Hilo?

Kekohia
Kekohia
Topic Author

Re: The Hawaiian Islands

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:28 pm

looks like I am headed home bound via the Grand Princess; Feb2 2015. Anyone thinking of going? I am available at: sjesfh@.com

aloha nui loa

gertge
gertge

Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:42 am

Kekohia are you're still at the forum. I have a few questions about a Hawaii Islands. I hope you can help me

Kekohia
Kekohia
Topic Author

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:39 pm

I apologize for not being more active on the Hawaii blog; family support and work duties, etc.  I am still not on other social networking sites and still love my flip phone, so I am not a frequent log-in kinda guy when away from my laptop. 
Any specific questions that are posted that I lack a response within a few days; contact me at SJESFH (google-mail).
I am headed to Hawaii this year (Mar-April) as a host to the islands for friends that have never visited pure USA paradise.  Otherwise, I fly there and stay for a week or so.
As always, the best reason for cruising is to visit ports so you know that you want to return for another visit or a longer stay.
Mekelaoha poina ole (with love from my heart).