When I see a really tall woman in a dress, I often guess it’s a Read more →
Tagged: gay cruises RSS
A gay friend just asked me for suggestions on upcoming Panama Canal cruises. If you’ve followed this blog, you should
know that both my partner and I consider our 2005/06 canal cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Legend of the Seas our best-ever vacation, for many reasons.
Perhaps the biggest reason was the many gay men we met on board — about 40 of them, mostly couples — some of whom we had “pre-met” through Internet searches… long before MeetMeOnBoard.com was born. Many of us dined together each night in 4s and 6s, but still at larger tables with straight passengers… it was a BLAST. (We’re still friends with many of them, and still travel to see each other).
Anyway… I could go on and on about what a great cruise it was. But I suggest you go book your own! Here are a handful of tips for that trip:
- Do a full-transit sailing, not a partial.
- Go east to west (start in Florida, end in California) so you’re always adding hours to the clock.
- Stay on the ship through the entire canal–that’s what you’ve paid to experience. Guests who get off at/in the canal to do shore excursions miss the complete wow of having sailed between the two oceans.
- If your ship stops in Puntarenas, Costa Rica, arrange privately for a full-day zipline & waterfall tour with http://www.finca-daniel.de/
- If you stop in Acapulco, you MUST see the cliff divers show.
Bon voyage! Randall
The silly recession (who started it, anyway?) is paying off hugely for those who are able to travel. Cruise discounts are everywhere. Among the best discounts to his my inbox lately is:
14 nights, Fort Lauderdale to London (Southhampton), inside cabin for $479. Some travel agents are even discounting it to $399. Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas is the ship.
$399…are they out of their minds? Well, probably not. What the cruise lines are out of is moneyed passengers.
While I realize that many GLBT travelers are seriously affected by the recession, I can’t help but suggest to those who can afford it that this is, perhaps, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grab dream cruises at ultra-deep discounts.
So go book this or any cruise. Call your friends and get them to go, too. Then post it to your MeetMeOnBoard.com profiles, make new friends, and sail away at phenomanlly low prices.
John B, and Rich are discussing. Toggle Comments
- compose new post
- next post/next comment
- previous post/previous comment
- show/hide comments
- go to top
© 2009-2013 Meet Me On Board, LLC. All rights reserved.