In a world of hundreds of cruise choices, bargains, and confusion among cruise line brands, one cruise line stands out above the rest.
Disney Cruise Line has launched a pair of amazing 130,000 ton, 4000 passengers, longer than 4 football fields, and 14 decks high. The twins Disney Dream (launched last year), and Disney Fantasy (launched in 2012), are the grand liners built for the 21st century with a touch of yesteryear!
I was fortunate to spend three days on the new Disney Fantasy during a preview cruise to top producing travel professionals and the jury was easily reflected in the accolades from all passengers I spoke with that this company offers the BEST contemporary or premium cruise experience…period! It’s not just for families with kids and grandkids but is a line suited for anyone looking for a true high quality 5-Star experience.
I would recommend this line to anyone seeking fun and quality.
Disney built these ships at a cost of some $780 million each and apparently sent in its Imagineers to add, enhance, and make the ship a true Disney product with no expense spared and the added costs have not been shared with the public. Once onboard, you’ll experience the fine detail of workmanship, technology, and quality. It does not get any better.
Disney Cruises are significantly more expensive than many other ships and I have heard many qualms from clients about that as to how can they sell their cruises for that compared to other lines. I think the prices they charge are worth every penny. Disney gives that much more.
It’s about the perfect service, fine dining, much larger accommodations than virtually all other cruise lines, sublime entertainment options, and a ship dedicated to superlative decor, design, and add-in Disney’s Magic! I left this preview cruise and gave the ship a perfect 10 out of 10 rating!
I was overwhelmed by the amazing options for kids of all ages, adult only areas and entertainment options, as well as Disney’s Magical entertainment options.
Check out my photo link of interior and exterior photos taken during the cruise:
This is a ship that one could spend a week on and still not be able to complete all the entertainment options. Some of my highlights were as follows:
• Seamless transfers to and from the airport to the port with complete luggage delivery including airline bag check-in;
• Perfect embarkation and splendid pier facilities in Port Canaveral;
• A ship with immaculate decor and interior design;
• Broadway class entertainment that rivals the best of the best;
• The largest standard cabins at sea-an best decorated with a bathroom and a half configuration! Cabins average 268 square feet;
• Incredibly friendly and well-trained international staff that love being working for Disney;
•Spectacular fireworks display and Pirates of the Caribbean outdoor show & deck party;
• First run movies in 3D or Dolby 7.1 sound, live ABC and ESPN feed, and the best large screen TV on deck showing Disney movies and entertainment;
• The Aqua-Duck “water-coaster” that traverses some 765 feet above and around the ship-really great FUN;
• Spectacular dining entertainment each night in the three progressive theme main dining rooms;
• Upscale adults only sun decks, pools, and bar nightclub areas;
•Disney’s Private Island Castaway Cay in the Bahamas offers a perfect beach day for all guests with un-ending options of things to do!
All-in-all, this product works well for everyone. If you are an adult and have tried other lines, come to Disney Cruise line. It will exceed your expectations. If you are a family, come to Disney Cruise lines as the whole family will be royally treated and entertained. It isn’t a ship with screaming or unruly kids. I think Disney maintains dignity and its programs are so superb, they entertain kids of all ages so well, that there is no added time for trouble as experienced on other ships.
I am ready to go back.
HAPPY CRUISING !